Are you a qualified interpreter, with experience of telephone interpreting?
Enable2 are looking for freelance/self-employed telephone interpreters of all languages, to join our team.
Who are Enable2?
Enable2 are a Yorkshire based company who specialise in providing interpreters for the NHS & other public services. We work with Hospitals, GP Surgeries, Mental Health Centres, Dental Practices, Local Councils, Social & Children's Services and Solicitors firms across the North of England
As a freelance/self-employed interpreter, you can choose the hours & days you work and manage your own diary. With our online booking app, you can pick up bookings on the go.
To become a telephone interpreter with Enable2, you must:
- Be a resident in the UK
- Be able to speak English fluently
- Hold a minimum qualification level of:
- Diploma in Public Service Interpreting - DPSI (all pathways accepted)
- Diploma in Police Interpreting - DPI (or Police Met Test)
- Level 3 or 4, Community Interpreting Certificate
- BA/MA in Translation & Interpreting
Due to the nature of the role, applicants without the qualification listed above will not be considered.
Enable2 do not charge a fee for an interpreter to register with us, however we do have requirements which may have a cost associated with them.
The things we need are:
- Enhanced DBS Certificate - dated within 3 years.
- Proof or Right to Work in the UK - e.g. UK Passport, EU Passport, BRP card or Visa.
- Passport sized photograph.
- Access to a landline/mobile phone - Signal strength must be excellent.
- Access to a secure, confidential location - e.g. home office in which to conduct assignments.
If you feel that you meet our requirements & would like to work with Enable2 please visit our website enable2.com/work-with-us/how-to-apply/ for more information on how to apply
We pay on a monthly basis in arrears and the rate paid is determined by qualifications and experience.