We currently have no office-based vacancies.
Employed Slovak/Czech Interpreter - 6 month temporary contract
Part-time hours: 16 hours per week
Start Date: As soon as possible
Enable2 are looking for an employed Slovak & Czech speaking interpreter to join our friendly, experienced team. The interpreter role is fast-paced and varied, so we are looking for candidates who enjoy a challenge, are passionate about language support, helping the community and thrive under pressure. As an employed interpreter you do not have a fixed working location, as your place of work will vary depending on the requirement of our customers and clients. Therefore, applicants must have access to their own transport e.g. car which they can use to travel between locations.
The main role of the employed interpreter is to support our customers, clients and their service users with communication between English and community language/s ensuring accurate, impartial interpretation is achieved.
Employed interpreters may be required to support face to face , telephone and video interpreting sessions as required by our customers and clients.
Employed interpreters must always understand and adhere to the Enable2 interpreter code of conduct & confidentiality policy.
Employed interpreters will be required to interpret in various different settings including healthcare, social/children’s services, education, welfare, housing and legal settings. Interpreters will also be required to use either consecutive or simultaneous methods depending on the nature of the appointment.
The main duties of the employed interpreter are:
· Providing face to face, telephone and video interpreting support for Enable2 customers and clients
· Interpreting between English and the Slovak or Czech community language/s accurately without changing the meaning of the message
· Providing an impartial service and not providing their own thoughts, feelings, observations, or opinions
· Adhering to the Enable2 interpreter code of conduct & confidentiality policy
· Liaising with clients, customers and other third parties quickly and efficiently to ensure their requirements are fully met.
· Resolving minor issues, queries, or problems in a friendly, professional manner.
· Working as part of a wider team and closely with other team members to complete specialist tasks, duties, or projects.
Candidate specific knowledge, skills and experience
· Interpreting specific qualification such as Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (DPSI), Diploma in Police Interpreting (DPI), Police Met Test, BA/MA degree in interpreting/translation/language specific, Community Interpreting NVQ level 3, 4 or 6.
· GCSE grade C or above in 5 subjects including Maths & English (or equivalent)
· Understand the importance of interpretation and translation services
· Understanding of equal opportunities in the context of service delivery
· Full clean UK driving licence and access to own transport is essential
· Ability to interpret between English and at least 1 community language.
· Highly organised and able to manage own workload
· Excellent communication skills – both verbal, written and listening skills.
· Team player but able to work alone if required.
· Good IT Skills and ability to use Microsoft Office as well as other IT software
· Working with sensitive information in a confidential manner
· Experience working in a professional interpreting environment.
· Knowledge or experience of the interpretation industry
· Ability to remain calm under pressure
· Good interpersonal skills
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org