To become a self-employed interpreter with Enable2, you will need:
- To be able to speak English and another language/s fluently and to a high standard
- Have a minimum qualification of a Level 3 community interpreting course, DPSI, DPI or Police Met test certification
Applicants with no qualifications may be accepted if they meet the following criteria:
- Have suitable experience interpreting in a professional capacity. For example, in the medical, legal, mental health, social care or immigration sectors
- Can complete our language assessment before commencing work with us
Please note that if you are part-qualified or currently completing a qualification we will take this in to consideration.
Enable2 do not charge a fee for an interpreter to register with us, however we do require certain certificates and accreditations which do have a cost associated with them. Please ensure you factor in these costs when you apply as these requirements must be met before you can start work with Enable2.
The things we need are:
- Language assessment: if you do not have a DPSI or CIC qualification then you will need to go through our language assessment at a later date, which will cost approximately £45 (inc VAT)
- Enhanced DBS Certificate: we understand that not everyone has an enhanced DBS. We can help you to apply for one; the cost is £54 and it is valid for three years
- All interpreters are required to attend our induction and essential skills training sessions before starting work with us